[Public-List] Dodgers

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Sep 10 08:12:13 PDT 2014

I think I've already brought this up last year, but it may be relevant to
the discussion of making one's own dodger.

I exhibit at the Maine Boat Builder's Show in Portland each March.  A while
ago one of my clients had a brand new dodger they were going to put in the
flea market sale... It was complete with tubing and it looked pretty close
to what would fit SURPRISE.  I bought the dodger for $50; but declined to
take the tubing because I didn't have my roof racks and getting them home
seemed complicated.  I reckoned with what I'd saved on the new dodger I
could spend a lot having new tubes made up and still be ahead of the game.

Well I got home and found that one cannot have tubing made for existing
canvass.  Normally the canvass is made to fit the tubes.  You have to do
that part first.  Argh.

Gord
426 Surprise