[Public-List] Ideas for rebuilding galley

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Sep 25 06:50:19 PDT 2014

I redid the galley on Candy Cane to put a forward-facing LPG oven and
stove where the icebox was (and build a new icebox under the othr side
of the galley (eliminiting the wet locker there, rotating the sink 90
degrees, and redoing all the counters too). Since your icebox has the
vertical configuration, you may not have this problem, but one big
caveat I found for removing the existing icebox is that all the 12v
wires leading forward (to the mast step, v-berth, and running lights on
the bow) were run along the underside of the counter, through what would
become open space. Because the wiring was old and I was adding circuits
to the DC system (e.g. because the new icebox is now a fridge) anyway,
I just decided to replace all the offending wires.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures.

Cheers,
Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/