[Public-List] Bulkhead replacement question

Matthew Hay via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Apr 18 07:34:47 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am starting work on a newly purchased 1962 Alberg 35.  I missed my A30 so
much after sailing a Sabre for a few years, but now my kids are up to my
chin in height, so I went for the big brother this time.  I have been
sending e-mails to join the A35 list but have not heard back from them and
I can't stop my progress.  Has anyone replaced there bulkhead?  If so, what
did they use?  I have been looking at g10 (possible over kill, pretty
pricy, hard to work), Coosa board (promising, but is it structurally strong
enough?, twice the cost of ply), or bs1108? Marine ply, I like the
Merrineti sp mohogany for $120 a board.   So, Coosa for longevity or
replace with that special Loyds rated ply?  Or any other suggestion.  Also,
what methods did you use to remove?  Can I use a cordless drill with a
sheet rock bit down perpendicular to hull under tabbing.   No liner, just a
big Alberg.

Happy spring!

Thanks,

Matthew Hay