[Public-List] Bulkhead replacement question

Jeffrey via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Apr 18 12:57:26 PDT 2015

I second the oscillating tool.  Can't imagine anything better for cutting
fiberglass tabbing if precision and neatness is a concern. I bought a
Rockwell at Lowes and it works great.  Now that I own one I use if for all
kinds of projects.

If I were going to do this, I'd use Sapele marine grade plywood if I were
going to finish bright, or Hydrotek marine grade plywood if painted.
Douglass Fir marine plywood checks, and Okoume in supposedly not very rot
resistant. I'm using Sapele plywood for a small boat project and it is
hard, tough stuff.

I think synthetic plywood is overkill, and I', not sure they can be used in
compression.  Good marine ply and keep it dry.

-jeff

Seagrass. #116
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
http://sailboatseagrass.com/

<http://instagram.com/jfongemie>

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Glenn Brooks via Public-List <