[Public-List] Toe rail deck joint

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Apr 21 07:31:28 PDT 2015

Bill,

This is one of the few places on my old boat where I actually used 5200.  Also when I ran out, I packed the deck joint with dolphinite bedding compound - which is my cure all magic elixir for all boat leak problems.  Only thing is, don't use 5200 if you ever may want to go back in there and do any more work. Clean out the old crumbly stuff and fill the void completely with either substance.

BTW,  hate to say this, but if you suspect the deck joint is leaking, it may well be the toe rail, not the deck joint. Water can seep in through the toe rail bolts that clamp the deck to the hull.

Regards
Glenn
Ex-Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad