[Public-List] temporary holding tank

Meinhold, Mike via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Apr 30 10:46:58 PDT 2015

The same is true for the Chesapeake!

-----Original Message-----
From: Public-List [mailto:public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org] On Behalf Of Gordon Laco via Public-List
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:19 PM
To: gewhite at crosslink.net; Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Subject: Re: [Public-List] temporary holding tank

Hello Gordon -

I'm sure that's efficient, but in Canada the law has it that if the holding tank can be emptied by anything other than a conventional marina pump out, it's not compliant and the user is liable to be charged.  The principal is that they don't want the sailor to be able to empty it himself...an unethical person could dump it overboard and that circumstance needs to be impossible.

Gord #426 Surprise