[Public-List] temporary holding tank

gordon white via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Apr 30 11:39:53 PDT 2015

    Well, my experience on the Bay is (1) in 57 years I've never had
anyone stop me and inspect my system, though I have been stopped and
inspected for flares. (Live across the Piankatank River from the
Gwynn's Island USCG station)

(2) I have understood that a porta-pottie was acceptable and that if the
thru-hull was sealed with an electrical tie or the handle to the Y-valve
was removed you were legal. How about small runabouts with no head?

     Nearest  pump-out to me is at least 12 or more miles in a place I
almost never go and only one of the pump-out stations in this end of the
county actually works. Works for me to haul the honey-pot up to the
house and dump it in the septic system. I am not likely to go into
Canadian waters except in a charter.

     My ethic is to keep the Bay clean, but jumping through unreasonable
hoops for the green police, when I am keeping it clean is more than I
can manage.

  - Gordon White