[Public-List] Motor Replacement continued

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Aug 19 09:47:06 PDT 2015

Hi All,

As reported earlier, my Vetus 3.10 pumped all its oil into the bilge.  At
first I thought the nipple through which the oil pressure sender gets its
pressure had been knocked loose.  Apparently the issue was a PO wanted both
a signal for a gauge AND an alarm.  Their horrible solution was to thread
(well not quite) an SAE nipple into the metric threads on the side of the
motor…well it lasted for a few years…so anyone with this engine, PLEASE
make sure yours is done correctly.  It’s on the starboard side of the
motor.  Look CLOSELY at what’s there.  I will report on the actual damage
once the motor’s been hauled out and autopsy performed.

Wes