[Public-List] stuffing box

Jeffrey via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Aug 26 12:40:59 PDT 2015

Of course every boat is different, but I've changed the drive packing box
on my boat (and others) while in the water with no real drama.  Good
instruction here: http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/stuffing_box

Get everything ready, be sure your batteries & pump are working and just do
it.  Depending on bearing wear, not that much water comes in.  Once I even
had to stuff a bit of rag under the cap to stop the water while I drove
into town to get different packing material.

Is the rudder stuffing box different?

FWIW.

Jeff

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 7:56 PM, George Dinwiddie via Public-List <