[Public-List] New cockpit coaming

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Dec 14 07:31:14 PST 2015

Hi All,

For those of you in and around the Chesapeake, you know we’ve had some
unusually warm weather these last couple of days…I did take the time to
catch a little nap in the cockpit in T shirt and shorts this past Sunday
(December 13!).

I also took andvantage of the weather to install my “faux teak” abbreviated
cockpit coamings.  These are a test to see if this arrangement "works for
me."  I sail mostly in protected waters and short handed - either solo or
my wife and I.  I was fortunate enough to have Santa come early - (s)he
brought me a couple of Lewmar Evo 40 STs which I will mount directly on
deck.  This is just a test, that's why I used poplar stained to match the
old teak toe rails.  I used the original fasteners and mounting holes, I
did "stand them off" using fender washers to let water flow between the
wood and the 'glass - hopefully this will be easy to flush out and not trap
crud that causes those beautiful rails to turn to fertilizer.  I've
included a couple of pics.

Wes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cq5coeedmct8o7z/Cockpit%20new.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o515gqkrpumbh5n/Coaming%201.jpg?dl=0