[Public-List] Ice box insulation

James Allocco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Feb 5 13:07:41 PST 2015

I haven't insulated though I have considered for years. I like the idea of
using the foil lined quilted engine insulation on the portside of the
engine compartment.  I would make it removable in case I need the room to
work on the engine.

What we have done that we feel helps considerably is to use the foil
covered plastic "space blankets" to cover the food in the icebox. We fold
it in 3rds or so and lay it on top of the food.
When we remove a cover we are not exposing as much area and it also seals
the leaks around the covers.

I would guess that our ice lasts 1/3 longer.
The space blankets hold up for a 3 or 4 week trip before they wear out.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Lawrence Morris via Public-List <