[Public-List] Ice box insulation

Michael Grosh via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Feb 6 13:34:41 PST 2015

It was important to me to have the ability to keep groceries (and beer,
let's not forget the beer) chilled for a week without resupply. The amount
of ice required to do that is considerable, converting my preliner boat's
former icebox to a chest type running out to the hull allows all that,
although I have to play all the angles-prechilling the space and food, and
especially making my own ice in a deep freezer.
Two 3 gallon  buckets froze (I make that to be about 50 lbs.) Plus cubes
filling in cracks at the start does that for me.
Four inches insulation all around was my goal, mostly accomplished, 1 inch
panels with aluminum foil in between, especially on the engine side to stop
infra red radiation.
A portable cooler wouldn't work for me with those requirements; I am
pleased with how Checkmate's worked out.
MichaelGrosh
On Feb 6, 2015 11:54 AM, "Bill Woodford via Public-List" <