[Public-List] Seaflo Bilge Pumps

Jonathan Bresler via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Jul 20 09:46:59 PDT 2015

Hello,

After racing with TC Williams and Mike Nikolich in the Annapolis Yacht Club
Wednesday Night Races and some weekend races, for about 15 years, I finally
bought a boat!   Bought #262 from Tom Baker two months ago.  Thank you,
Tom! Have been having a wonderful time sailing her and introducing my
family to sailing.

#262 is equipped with a single automatic bilge pump....a Rule 500 GPH.
Have seen and heard recommendations that I should install a second pump
with a much higher rate of flow above the existing one.  The second would
no require a float switch but rather be purely a manual affair.

This leads me to ask a couple questions from folks with far more experience
than I have:

   1. Would you / have you installed a second bilge pump ?
   2. If there is a second bilge pump, is it automatic or manual ?
   3. Does anyone have experience with Seaflo ?   They appear to
   manufacture bilge pumps and have a 3,500 gallon model (
   http://www.seaflo.com/en/productDetail_288.html) available via Amazon on
   sale for about $50 (
   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EGEFTZC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1A4WAEGJNR9ED
   ).