[Public-List] Running rigging, I thought I had seen...

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Jul 24 07:45:03 PDT 2015

I haven't seen that table... But here's what we use aboard SURPRISE (all are
braided unless otherwise noted)

Genoa sheets - 5/8"
Main sheet - 5/8"
Spinnaker sheets - 5/16"
All Headsail halyards - 3/8"
Main halyard - 3/8" tail on wire (someday I'll go to all rope)
Mainsail reefing - 3/8"
Spinnaker lift and downhaul - 5/16"
Main topping lift - 1/4" (also serves as secondary main halyard - had to use
it once)
Main downhaul - 5/16"
Cunningham - 5/16"
Main outhaul - 5/16" (and 1/8" dyneema cord for tackle at end of boom)
Boom vang - 3/8"

To amuse myself last winter I made up an old-fashion Schedule of Rigging for
SURPRISE. I'll send it off list to anyone who asks for it.

Cheers -
Gord #426 SURPRISE

On 24/07/15 10:37 AM, "via Public-List" <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
wrote:

> Hello all,

Hope summer and sailing are enjoyable.  A quick question, I recall
> seeing on the site a section on running rigging dimensions with info on sizes
> and length of lines for halyards and sheets but can¹t seem to find it now!
> Would anyone know if I invented this and/or have a quick reference on
> dimensions and length.  Looking mostly to rig up a spinnaker but it¹s also a
> good reference

Cheers,

Maurice
Avoca