[Public-List] Hull number

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Jun 18 18:58:48 PDT 2015

Yep, you got it!  And congratulations on buying one of the finest sailing boats ever designed.  My going away present, upon selling Dolce, hull no. 318, (3068318 as it were) was a sea trial last Friday broad reaching out into the Straits of Juan De Fuca, leaving Port Townsend Bay with the winds blowing WNW'erly down the strait - gradually increasing from 20 knots to 35 knots, with sustained gusts over 40 and several periods easily reaching 50 to 60 Knts.  We had moderate seas of 4-5', but the winds were blowing the bow spray horizontally for a long ways to windward - a boat length or more.  Very impressive weather. Yet the Alberg sailed a wonderfully straight course with little heel  at 5 to 6 knots boat speed. With the main trimmed out properly, the helm was very light and responsive and she sailed herself well and true with the Cape Horn Windvane.  We put in two reefs in the main and carried the Genoa as a mere scrap of sail, less than a storm jyb, with maybe 7 or 8 wraps on the roller furling gear.

Couldn't have been more impressed on this last day on board, and rather wished I hadn't sold the boat as I found I  wanted to go out and do this some more!

I think you will find your Alberg will be a magnificent sea boat, well worth the time and effort you put into her.

Again congrats, and enjoy your new boat!

Glenn B.
Dolce #318

Sent from my iPad