[Public-List] Boat Parts

Michael Connolly via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Jun 27 08:24:22 PDT 2015

Dustin,
I would say that you could easily make back the $500.00 plus that you spend on the boat, selling the parts. It depends on your situation and if you have or a friend has the space to store the parts. The spars for instance. If I needed a mast I would gladly pay you the $500.00 for just the mast.............that extrusion is no longer available and the cost for a more modern replacement would be in the $1,000's.

You have done a GREAT service to the Alberg 30 community by announcing the possible availability of this boat for parts. It would be a significant loss to see all those useful, not available anymore, parts go into a landfill.

I don't know about boats but I have done this with automobiles. Parted them out and got more return than the entire car was worth. This only works in a society where owners work on their own boats or pride themselves in making do with used rather than new.

I believe that the Alberg 30 group of owners is such a society.  Otherwise they would all own newer more modern boats. So you have a group of owners who form a collective demand for most anything you can save from this particular boat.

It is a horrible shame enough that this boat is so far gone as to be lost off the roster..............but her parts can service several other Alberg 30's still sailing.

Dustin I applaud you for this effort. Do what you can and the group will support you.

Michael #133 Lorrie Rose