[Public-List] The guy who dug the hole....

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Mar 9 09:01:57 PDT 2015

I was talking with a client last week who is spending a lot of money
refurbishing an older fibreglass boat, basically doing a 'spirit of
tradition' rebuild that is costing him many times what the original purchase
cost.

We were saying to each other than nobody 'needs' to do that to a sailing
yacht... But he's getting a lot of pleasure from both the process and later,
the having of a new classic.

I told him that the boat and what he's doing to her is an expression of his
creativity.  He just smiled at me.

George - I had to speak at a funeral on Friday.  An uncle passed away at the
age of 92.  He'd lived a full life and faced the approach of the end of it
with great courage.  I ended my talk with the poem you append to your
emails.  Thank you for that.

Gord