[Public-List] Trouble shooting MARINE ELECTRICALS

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Mar 12 04:14:06 PDT 2015

Interesting string, this one...

I had a somber discussion with a 'Coastie' a while ago... (our Coast Guard
like to be called 'The Guard' but we call them 'Coasties' to trim their
feathers a little*)   He described a fibreglass yacht that had been run into
by a speed boat.

He said the fibreglass hull shattered into razor sharp shards and it was
these blades of hull that caused the worst of the injuries.

Horrible.

Gord #426 Surprise

*I was explaining to my wife years ago that in the Navy we believe we have a
clearer understanding of the other branches of the service than they do of
themselves... Infantry are 'pongos'... Nice friendly furry little creatures
who like to burrow in the earth; useful when given appropriate direction.
They can be trying however, because one has to tell jokes twice to get a
laugh, and so on.   Air Force personnel  are simply 'chair force', no more
need be said.  She asked me what they call us.  I said 'Gee Caroline, I
don't know.'  She suggested 'arrogant'.