[Public-List] Momentous moment today

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Mar 16 07:53:18 PDT 2015

Given that our general benchmark was that *real* discplines are still
being taught under the same names they used in ancient Greece, If
there'd been a historian with us during our trash-talking, I'm sure that
history would've gotten a pass too.

(It may have anyway; that conversation was pretty long ago now. I mainly
remember it because I'm living in my main-trimmer's spare room while
replacing my cutlass bearing--as well as dealing with some other
things--and she works in the CS deparment at the same university.
Apparently when they finally let the math and stats departments have
offices in the same building it blocked the donor's original intent to
get all the CS department into a single physical building, so now she's
still stuck supporting research groups in 3 different buildings.)

-K