[Public-List] I'm Looking to buy Alberg 30!

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Mar 30 07:45:02 PDT 2015

Good points Dave -

I've noticed over the years that A30's seem to traffic at higher prices than
in the States even considering the exchange rate.

My guess has been that a higher percentage of our boats live their lives in
fresh water and that tends to age them more gently...  I was very interested
in seeing what trend your research has shown.

I don't think I've ever seen data on a one-design presented as so thorough a
snap shot of the current state of affairs.

Gord #426 Surprise

On 30/03/15 10:40 AM, "David Fay via Public-List"
<public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

> I’ve had many requests for my spreadsheet this morning and several interesting
> side discussions with people looking for an A30 or selling one. One thing that
> has come up for Canadian boats is whether the asking price is in Canadian or
> American dollars. In my spreadsheet I tried to be careful about that since
> there is a 25% discrepancy between the two at current exchange rates. But I
> wasn’t always able to tell.

So, for Canadian sellers, be sure to say what
> currency you’re using. And if you’re willing to accept Canadian dollars, your
> boat could be much more attractive to an American
> buyer.

David
===============================
If a man must be obsessed by
> something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, and perhaps a bit better
> than most. A small sailing craft is not only beautiful, it is seductive and
> full of strange promise and the hint of trouble.
― E. B. White

> On Mar 30,
> 2015, at 7:27 AM, David Fay <davidfay999 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I too am
> looking for an Alberg 30. I am particularly interested in one with a trailer
> and I don’t need an engine since I plan to go electric. But I am open to all
> possibilities. No project boats however.
>
> I've done a pretty thorough
> search of A30’s currently listed for sale and have put together a spreadsheet
> with all the listings. My spreadsheet has 81 boats on it, 21 of which have
> been sold in recent years (to get an idea of selling prices). Of the 60 unsold
> boats currently on the market, 13 are what I would call project boats. So
> there are 47 boats that I am potentially interested in.
>
> For each boat in
> the spreadsheet, I have included year built, number, name, location
> (city/town), state (or province), listing date, listing price, engine type,
> listing URL, and many other attributes.
>
> I’d be happy to send the
> spreadsheet to anyone that would like it.
>
> David
>
> ===============================
> If you want to go quickly, go alone; if you
> want to go far, go together.
> ― African proverb
>

>> On Mar 30,
> 2015, at 1:33 AM, Zlatko Jozic via Public-List <public-list at lists.alberg30.org
> <mailto:public-list at lists.alberg30.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Guys-
>>

> I'm looking to buy Alberg 30, preferably post 1970 (with balsa core deck
> and
>> added beam support) structurally sound in relatively good shape.
>>

> I already scanned all boats on  http://www.sailboatlistings.com
> <http://www.sailboatlistings.com/>
>>
>> and  http://www.yachtworld.com
> <http://www.yachtworld.com/> but I'm sure there're boats for sale listed
>> on
> local Craigslist or not listed online, at all.
>>

>> Thank you in
> advance,
>>
>> Zlatko Jozic
>>
>> Fort Myers, FL