[Public-List] I'm Looking to buy Alberg 30!

Dominic Amann via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Mar 31 11:45:35 PDT 2015

It would have to be the laws of supply and demand.

My theory is that sailboats are somewhat of a luxury good (even superbly
practical working class Alberg 30s), and the Canadian economy did not tank
nearly as hard as the US economy, so perhaps there was a glut of US
sailboats and a shortage of buyers, that is still sustained (but probably
diminishing) in a slow turnover market even up to now. It is also quite
expensive to move a boat from US waters to Canadian, so the border is not
particularly porous, so a differential can be maintained.

On 31 March 2015 at 14:36, David Fay via Public-List <