[Public-List] Cockpit floor hatch?

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri May 29 10:08:21 PDT 2015

Dan and all,

Yes, I went with the larger size hatch as I couldn't get down into the back of engine, driveshaft, transmission, sea cocks etc with anything smaller - to deep to reach. Plus most jobs require two hands. So I went with the larger size.

My cockpit floor was toast anyway, so I experimented with sizes, first cutting a small opening in the floor to test, maybe 10" or 12" diameter, and quickly realized small wouldn't work.  Then cut the larger opening and it opened up the area nicely.  If anything I should have made it an inch or two larger...

BTW, there is a LOT of wasted space underneath the cockpit floor.  So plenty of room for two batteries, and a riser/water muffler/ exhaust line.  Plus now, I actually can service my packing gland and change transmission oil. Well worthwhile.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad