[Public-List] Two vs Three Blade Props

Daniel Swords via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Nov 2 13:03:33 PST 2015

The previous owner of my boat (Solitude hull#525) had installed a Yanmar diesel and switched to a three bladed prop (I love the diesel).  I  sail with the engine in neutral per Yanmar recommendations and my own assessment of what works best and found that the three bladed prop caused so much turbulence that the tiller would vibrate and shudder annoyingly, so I switched back to the original two blade prop and find that I like it better in every way.

Sent from my iPhone