[Public-List] MAST SUPPORT BEAM

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Nov 5 19:41:31 PST 2015

Hi James,

My boat, #196 has two aluminum plates about 1/4" thick sandwiching the wood beam. They are bolted through with 3/8 bolts, staggered at about 6" intervals.  I suspect this was done BEFORE the wood beam failed or deflected significantly. I can shoot pictures this weekend if you'd like.

I don't know if patterns or drawings exist? You could pull some patterns onto cardboard, then to 1/4" ply for a final fit before chopping up a bunch of aluminum plate.

Wes

Sent from my iPad