[Public-List] Janus #449

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Nov 22 06:55:49 PST 2015

Good morning friends,

 I've been involved in a misunderstandings about whether or not a boat I've
owned was for sale...  Hope you don't mind me telling the storie...

It happened the spring after I bought my wooden boat TOUCH WOOD. I bought
her in September of 79, the year I graduated from university.  I bought her
directly from the owner, but there was a broker who had hopes of getting the
listing to sell her and was irritated that I bought the boat before he made
his deal.  I'd not heard of him till after the boat was mine.

And how did I hear of him? Well he kept sending people to examine my boat
without my permission.  I became aware of this when in the spring of '80 I
was doing pre launch work and in noticed somebody tapping the hull,
examining it.  Both he and I were quite surprised to meet each other.  He
told me that he had been sent by a broker and was told that the boat was for
sale for considerably more than I had just paid for her.  I phoned the
broker, who in a very oily way spoke as if he assumed I'd be delighted to
dump the boat and pick up several thousand dollars.  When I said 'no
thanks', he tried bullying.  The end of that episode came when another
prospective buyer showed up after she was launched who had traveled a
considerable distance and was not at all pleased to find it was for nothing.
After he started to understand that the boat really was mine, and was not
for sale, and that I had no agreement with the broker, he got abusive about
the so-called asking price.  I never heard from the broker again after that.

Gord #426 Surprise.

On 2015-11-22, 9:33 AM, "Jonathan Bresler via Public-List"
<public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

> Shane,

Clay Pass on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/clay.pass) would like
take a look at Janus #449.
Dont know why Mainsheet shows a "Brian".
> Perhaps I misread/misremember
what is written in the Mainsheet.

David,

My
Mainsheet has uscgsapper1 at gmail.com

Jonathan

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015
> at 8:59 AM, David Fay <davidfay999 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shane,
>
> No, that
> isn’t your email address.
>
> Compare:
> usgcsapper1 at gmail.com (from
> Jonathan)
> uscgsapper1 at gmail.com (from Shane)
>
> David
> Blue Teal #284
>
> ===============================
> I have approximate answers and possible
> beliefs and different degrees of
> uncertainty about different things, but I’m
> not absolutely sure about
> anything.
> ― Richard Feynman
>

> On Nov 22,
> 2015, at 8:48 AM, Shane Wright via Public-List <

> Highly unlikely Brian is the owner,
> the reason I'm sure of this is because
> I'm the owner. That is my email, I
> don't recall any email around the 6th
> but if anybody needs to get ahold of
> me by all means send me a email.
>                    Shane (757-709-9682)
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 21, 2015, at 8:33 PM, Jonathan Bresler via
> Public-List <
>
> Folks,
>
> Janus
> #449 is listed in the most recent Mainsheet as for sale by Brian.
> Clay Pass
> on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/clay.pass) would like to
> take a look
> at the boat.  He emailed Brian on the 6th and has not heard
> back yet.
>

> Does anyone know how to get in touch with Brian (usgcsapper1 at gmail.com) ?
>

> Jonathan
>
> --