[Public-List] IMG_20151126_114024699.jpg

Jonathan Bresler via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Nov 27 05:40:29 PST 2015

Thank you.  Good information.

Additional details.
The strainer is painted both inside and out.
The boat was powerwashed when hauled....a through job...very little
remained on the hull, a few baby barnacles that I was able to flick off by
a fingernail.
The fouling is INSIDE the cover...perhaps not cleaned before launch,
perhaps grew there since launch, perhaps driven inside by the force of the
powerwash?  Dont know. ;(
The boat was launched with a freshly painted bottom mid-May 2015.

Jonathan

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Michael Grosh <dickdurk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I removed mine and installed a Groco sea strainer in the engine
> compartment. Barnacles grew inside the intake and I coulden't get at them
> with the plate in place.
> The Groco is overkill,  but the removable basket for cleaning out is
> really really nice. It has saved my impeller many times, I am sure.
> MichaelGrosh
> On Nov 26, 2015 6:57 PM, "Jonathan Bresler (via Google Drive) via
> Public-List" <public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:
>
>> I've shared an item with you:
>>
>> IMG_20151126_114024699.jpg
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rlnyFb-75dbVRuRjlmS0ZjeGpyOUxxeVBRNF9VclNiaHc4/view?usp=sharing&invite=CJD29fAO&ts=56579c51
>>
>> It's not an attachment -- it's stored online. To open this item, just
>> click the link above.
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.  Hope that you have had a wonderful
>> day with family and friends.
>>
>> Hauled #262 out at Smith's Marina on Tuesday....watch out narrow channel
>> getting in there....just ask my buddy ridding the boom as to why we know
>> this.
>>
>> The raw water intake for the Yanmar 2GM20F installed in #262 has a
>> perforated disk cover similar to the Buck Algonquin listed at Jamestown
>> Distributors (
>> http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=14674&familyName=Buck+Algonquin+Bronze+Round+Strainer).
>>  Removed the cover this morning.  Certainly it was not clogged, a number of
>> the  holes in the strainer were clear.  A number were not.  Seems like it
>> could become a matter of concern over time.  The boat has been in the water
>> from May 15th till November 24th.   The photo shows the organic material
>> build up viewed from the inner side of the cover.
>>
>> What does everyone else use ?
>> Slotted intake ?
>> Plain thruhull ?
>>
>> Looking for experiences and recommendations.
>>
>> Happy Thanksgiving,
>>
>> Jonathan

Jonathan M Bresler
Alberg 30 #262