[Public-List] Chainplates

Greg Dawson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Nov 3 03:07:32 PST 2015

I have the same problem though my rig hasn't come down. When we bought the boat we failed to notice that the previous owner had put large washers on the port chain plate bolts and that the surrounding bulkhead was soft due to years of water getting in. The ply was soft enough that the 2 inch washers had sunk in to it as the bolts had been tightened. Our answer was to replace the bulk heads and the mast beam which had also failed over time. This then led to a major refit which is still on going...