[Public-List] Alberg 30 forum

Jay Davenport via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Oct 13 20:11:34 PDT 2015

George,
Most Alberg 30 owners have had the benefit of your list and website for many years. It has also been recognized by the general sailing community as one of the best One-Design sites available.
The Alberg 30 community, and our boats, are unique in many ways, and do not have to follow the vagaries of a constantly changing world. The relationships in our family, some of which are decades old, and our boats, are a constant which we all can rely on. The A30 website is part of that dynamic.
None of this means that there can't be improvement in how things are done, but it does mean that it would be ill-advised to jettison a long-term successful website format for a new, untested (and perhaps unwanted) replacement. Although some of those who support this change may be willing to commit to operating it for the next two decades, I, for one, would prefer to see the existing website (which is first rate) and the existing Administrator (who is first rate) continue to provide this sailor with the advantages for which the site is so well known.
I know that you will keep an open mind about improvements, but web safety and privacy issues should always be in the forefront.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Jay Davenport