[Public-List] Alberg 30 forum

Jim Davis via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Oct 14 20:39:34 PDT 2015

   George
   First thanks for all you have done for the Association in maintaining
   this list as well as the Member and Racing lists along with the
   website.  I have found it a valuable source of information and
   coordination.  I have also found it easy to work with and like the
   conversational nature.
   I do follow several other lists/websites and while their format is also
   easy to navigate I still prefer the low bandwidth and attendant
   security of this one.
   While some like the Cape Dory are nice with their grouping of messages
   and pictures they are often of little value when I don't have access to
   good WiFi or a 4G cell.  They also tend to get loaded up with enough
   miscellaneous crap that finding solid information can be tedious.
   Others just seem to be mostly arm chair warriors trying to tell their
   version of a sea story.  My use of sailing forums is mostly for
   information, helping friends and just friendly conversation.  I will
   add that this is one of the few I check on a daily basis.
   The thought of having multiple websites/forums related to the A30 to
   have to scan just to keep up would to me negate the value of this
   simple format and fracture the willing exchange of knowledge that has
   developed over the years.  I also do not want to see the loss of
   everything that has been done since this list started.
   Please keep up the good work!
Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary
reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall

Message: 4