[Public-List] Alberg 30 forum

George Dinwiddie via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Oct 15 08:46:36 PDT 2015

Hi, Chip,

On 10/15/15 8:59 AM, Chip Dance via Public-List wrote:
> George
> Thank you for explaining the history as well as the trials and
> tribulations of the list and Web site.  It has given me a greater
> understanding and appreciation for all that you have done for the A30
> community.  It also helps explain your hesitation to move towards a
> different format.  I have only been a part of the A30 community for
> 10 months,  so I was unaware that the collaborate section was ever
> functional.  It is a shame you had to shut it down,  but completely
> understandable.  I hope you are able to find a way to re-open it
> without being bombarded by the spam-bots. Because of your email
> below,  I am now also aware of the gallery section.  I had completely
> overlooked the link at the top of the Photos page.  That link might
> need to be a little more obvious,  for other dummies like me. Could
> you please set me up with a username and password for the gallery?

Good point about the visibility. I've changed
http://alberg30.org/pictures/ to make it more visible. I also linked a
few of the albums in the main body of the page. I hope the URLs are
stable in the gallery app.

> For site and list maintenance,  is there anything any of the rest of
> us could be doing to ease your load?  I personally know nothing about
> websites and list servers,  but I can follow directions.  I'd be
> willing to donate a couple hours a week towards the security and
> maintenance of the site and list.

Thanks for the offer, but it's a hard thing to split off. It's computer
sysadmin work where I have to work with limited access to someone else's
computer 3000 miles away. As bad as that sounds, it beats the nightmare
of going down to the co-location facility at midnight to figure out why
my computer is completely down, and finding that their air conditioning
failed.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org