[Public-List] Electrical Systems

Rod via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Oct 15 14:31:37 PDT 2015

Wes;
FYI both those links worked on my Android phone using both the browser and the dropbox app

Cool swing arm.

Cheers,  Rod

I use iNavX for charts and a freebee app called Speedometer.  It's made for
automobiles but can show speed in knots in great big letters (1 3/4" tall
!).  I got an articulated arm from the Joy Company - sort of a high tech
version of the ole swing-out depthfinder with that thing that went round
and round and flashed... and mounted it on the "headliner" ( I have a
non-liner boat so I stuck it there with epoxy).  Of course the "speed" that
it gives you is not that "through the water" nonsense that real knotmeters
give you (I don't have one), this is a gps calculated "speed over the
bottom".  I suppose those folks with the so fisticated electronics packages
will give you both.

My "navigation" nowdays is mostly in Round Bay just above Annapolis with an
occasional trip overnight.  The chart does give me an idea that I'm sailing
in thin water whereupon I can verify this with my depthfinder once I am
firmly planted in the putty.

I also "mounted" (actually it's held in place with a wire tie at the
moment) a digital counter that's hooked to the automatic electric bilge
pump.  So now I know if, and how many times, my bilge pump runs while I'm
away.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1le97rvhifxpjbd/mini%20mounted.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq2mi4m994o1734/digital%20counter.jpg?dl=0

Hope the links work.