[Public-List] Cockpit Sole Hatch

Jonathan Bresler via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Oct 22 10:08:46 PDT 2015

Wes,

Cant tell if its aluminum, painted, or plastic.

Shadowfax #412, for sale on Craigslist (
https://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/5241851155.html) has an aluminum hatch
of what appears to be about the same size.  The hatch is a Bomar and can be
dogged down right tight.  Not cheap.....those things are quite expensive!

Jonathan

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Wes Gardner via Public-List <

> A PO had installed a similar hatch in the cockpit sole. I just replaced it
> last night...  I wouldn't recommend this for offshore boats but my mechanic
> and I both liked it when it came time to remove the engine.  I can almost
> crawl down in there to adjust the stuffing box, change the trans oil,
> whatever...
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zke7d9o7r7fetz3/Cockpit%20Sole%20Hatch.jpg?dl=0

Jonathan M Bresler
Alberg 30 #262