[Public-List] Self Tailers

Jonathan Bresler via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Oct 30 11:53:04 PDT 2015

Yesterday, during lunch, looked at the thru-deck fastenings for the winch
pedestals.
Found some items that needed attention.  As a result, all 10 thru-deck
screws, 5 per pedestal,
now have 1-1/4" fender washers and nylocks.  The screws are #10-24's.  Was
a bit surprised,
as the stoppers, line organizers, etc. on the cabin roof are secured with
1/4" fasteners.

How do you get to the screws holding the pedestals to the coamings ?
Can just get my hand inside the pedestal, but can't manipulate anything
there.
A special tool? Bent wrenches? Move a socket back and forth like a
metronome set to "oh my God, fast" ?

Jonathan

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Richard Mair via Public-List <

> Like Don I think the Anderson 40 st are unbeatable. Our sheets are 10 years
> old and still look good.
> 609 Into the blue
> Richard
> On Oct 23, 2015 8:37 PM, "Wes Gardner via Public-List" <
>
> > Hey All,
> >
> > So maybe, just maybe I can eek a couple of self tailers into next
> spring's
> > budget (maybe she won't notice :-) What size for primaries? I don't have
> > chute and won't be setting this boat up for one...
> >
> > Wes

Jonathan M Bresler
Alberg 30 #262
Annapolis/Eastport MD