[Public-List] Cockpit drains

Randy Katz via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Sep 13 20:07:02 PDT 2015

Greetings, Glenn, and thanks for your response to this bit of discussion.

You've investigated the drains question more thoroughly than I, that's for
sure. Good to know what you've figured and have learned from the surveyors.

The comment about the drains going to a wye was from someone else. I don't
know about that.

Another separate aspect relating to water in the cockpit that I figured
would be problematic with my current set up has to do with the exposed
engine instrument panel. It's behind plastic about 10" above the sole, but
is obviously not waterproof. The thought of seawater getting in there is
not pleasant, but I know that in my case such an event is extremely
unlikely. And deluges of rain haven't been a problem in the last 12 years,
so....

Cheers,

Randy
Simple Gifts #249