[Public-List] Aft strap placement for lifting the boat

Randy Katz via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Sep 16 19:30:39 PDT 2015

Here is the bit I missed in a previous post. NOW I've got it!

*I also have had correspondence from one owner who inherited the boat from
her father, and he had had a yard lift the boat from under the lazarette
and on that hull there were stress cracks on both after hips of the boat
where the lifting stress started to buckle the hull with that arrangement.
For that reason, I would suggest avoiding that area as a lift spot. While
this list usually deals with only 30's, things are much different with the
AL 22 and there is more support in the lazarette than the keel. That boat
needs to be lifted aft of the rudder,  since there is no strength in the
aft keel. Don*

A correction From Randy to Randy
Simple Gifts #249
Bellingham/Seattle