[Public-List] Cockpit drains, websites, headlamps, and flashlights.

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Sep 25 11:35:31 PDT 2015

A few weeks back, while conversations about cockpit drains and scuppers
were all the rage, Serguei posted a link to his cockpit drain pictures. I
noticed that the domain the link lived in belonged to the distributor
for my headlamp (as in the device that allows me to use both hands and
still see what I'm doing when I'm working on the aft end of the
engine--other situations too, I'm sure, but I feel like I've spent most
of this season futzing about with the aft end of my engine, so that's
what comes to mind).

Anyhow, I asked him about this, and not only did he confirm my
suspicions that he works for said distributor, he also asked me if I
thought the membership of this list would be intereted in headlamps,
flashlights, and other such goodies, and suggested he could provide them
at a 30% discount. I told him that of course sailors (particularly the
ones who own our own boats) are interested in that sort of thing,
thinking mainly of all the quality time I've spend in the engine
compartment this year, but also a bit about being able to read my windex
while sailing at night, and that whole satutory requirement for 30'
boats to carry a waterproof flashlight.

I also suggested that he might want to talk to the relevant webmasters,
listmasters, newsletter editors, and whatnot about advertising this
offer in some of our assorted media, but he seemed a little shy on that
point, so I'm hoping those of you in those roles could maybe reach out
to him.

As for anyone else in need of a headlamp (and too lazy to find the
picture-posting email I referenced), Serguei's email is
sncsoft at gmail.com, and the company he works for is
http://www.fenixtactical.com/

The headlamp I'd been picking up earlier that I recognized the domain
from was the HL50. It's been proving itself to be a damn good headlamp,
like the lamp I had before it (a 2009 model that seems to have been
replaced with newer models; I blame the need to replace it on slow
creeping corrosion from having replaced its battery at Burning Man a few
too many times, letting all that nasty alkaline dust inside to wreak
havoc).

Cheers,
Kris
Candy Cane #583