[Public-List] About the location of the rear lifting sling

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Sep 16 19:46:59 PDT 2015

Randy,

I can't image that being good for the boat, or safe.  The Everett marina people specifically stay away from lifting behind the rudder.  Sounds like your yard are trying to cut corners  to save a few bucks on their costs, or to inexperienced  to do it right.  I think, no doubt, the best spot for the aft sling is just forward of the rudder shoe, solidly on the keel. If the strap lines up behind the aft end of the main cabin  and you can move your tiller with the sling forward on the keel, you are good to go..

Glenn

Sent from my iPad