[Public-List] About the location of the rear lifting sling

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Sep 17 10:05:09 PDT 2015

Hey All,

I think this can be said for about ANY full keel boat - you lift it from
under the keel - the same place where you block it, the weight of the boat
rests on the keel, the jack stands are there just to make you feel good (as
far as downward load is concerned).  The forward strap goes at the cutaway
of the forefoot.  In my years in the yards we never really deviated much
from this, particularly with wooden boats.

Wes

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Michael Connolly via Public-List <