[Public-List] Alberg 30 on Social Media (Facebook)

David Fay via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Sep 23 13:38:43 PDT 2015

I’m relatively new to the list, but I don't think Glenn’s note was out of bounds. Sure, the list is mainly for talking about A30’s, but what’s wrong with also talking about how to make those discussions better? A simple way of using photos and videos in posts has to be of great interest to people using the list. It certainly is to me.

A two-way private conversation between Glenn and George won't necessarily produce the best outcome for everyone.

By the way, I agree with Glenn that modern discussion board software like his hobby board uses has many advantages over a list serve like this. My favorite discussion board uses the same software as his does. They converted over to it some years ago and the subscribers (all 45,000 of them) are very happy with the outcome. And they don’t even use photos or videos.

I don’t have the time to set up something like the phpBB Forum software by myself, but I’d help anyone that was willing to take the lead. I’d also contribute money to pay for a server.

David
Blue Teal #284
More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
― Woody Allen