[Public-List] Bleeding the coolant system on a Universal diesel?

Don Campbell via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Apr 2 18:13:54 PDT 2016

I hope that checking the thermostat involved putting it a pan of water  on
the stove and heating the water to make sure it opened full width at
boiling. After that , I suggest you consider the water pump or impeller,
because if the thermostat opens and nothing cools, there can be no coolant
flow.  Belt slippage is possible too. The third suggestion is to consider
how hot the engine is and it may not be opening the thermostat if it is
idling in the dock. Watch the thermostat  in the pan on the stove, and have
a thermometer in the water to see at what temperature it begins to open .
Then check that with the original specs. and the temp on your heat gauge if
it is accurate. The forth suggestion would be to see if there is in the
system a blocked tube from debris  that loosened upon removal of parts.
Don