[Public-List] Injectors update... Universal M3-20B

Randy Katz via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Apr 6 18:29:00 PDT 2016

Greetings,

Well I found out a few things about removing injectors on the Universal
M3-20B diesel, but now understand that the rough running is not because of
them. More likely, the cause of the vibrations is my next project: checking
for loose motor mounts.

Apparently a special tool is not required in order to remove the 3
injectors on this engine. Our local Universal/Westerbeke supplier *Gallery
Marine* in Seattle directed me to speak with Irv, their main mechanic. He
said they just use a large crescent wrench for the job. He also was sure
that the roughness of the engine was NOT due to dirty injectors but was
more likely related to loose motor mounts. He clearly knows this engine
inside and out (literally). I always appreciate Gallery Marine and their
generous sharing of information.

So, onward. And I'll try to squeeze in a bit of actual sailing pretty soon.

Regards to All,

Randy Katz
Simple Gifts #249
Bellingham/Seattle