[Public-List] Prop Question

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Apr 18 18:05:40 PDT 2016

Hello friends,

While this discussion has been going on I've quietly bought a Campbell prop.
Surprise has an Atomic IV engine with the usual direct drive.  What I'm
looking for is about 500rpm increase in order to spin the alternator up a
bit, and more oomph motoring into a head sea.  the old standard two bladed
prop was fine, but we only got 1500 rpm and I know that isn't ideal for
either the cooling or charging.

Onwards,  sea trials in a few weeks... Will report.  Am going full stress
now preparing PICTON CASTLE for sea.  She shoves off for France in two weeks
and if she's not ready I don't want it to be my department's fault!  She
goes over on the northern Great Circle route, then I fly to France to meet
her and prepare her for the return voyage.

Why didn't I accept the berth offered me for the delivery trip over?  Argh.
Too busy!  Bad excuse!  Oh well, another time...

And...

It did occur to me that if was going to take a month off to go sailing, I'd
really rather do it aboard Surprise in Georgian Bay...

Gord
#426 Surprise

On 2016-04-18, 8:25 PM, "Mike Meinhold via Public-List"

>>> Jonathan197