[Public-List] Fw: Atomic 4 control cables

Brent Higgins via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Apr 28 18:03:19 PDT 2016

Apologies for bringing this one up again. There's a lot of great material in the archives. George suggested looking into a company, Sealandpower.com, in one of the responses circa 2002. They've been very helpful, and I'd like to give them my business if the price is right. Based on some of the old emails, our controls do seem to be somewhat unique, but I found 8' runs of the 30 series cables for $40 online, a lot cheaper than $95. Here's a link to a pic of my cables: A30/A4 Control Cables.
My boat is a 1968 pre-liner with the Atomic 4 still in it. It has the starboard side mounted old Morse 2 control system in the cockpit. The whole setup looks very old but in decent shape aside from the cables, one of which snapped at the connection point this week. The clutch cable runs under my gasoline tank beneath the cockpit sole and does seem pretty heavy duty. It passes through a steel beam through a fitting you can see in the picture.
This is my first foray into the engine controls part of the boat. Any ideas/suggestions much appreciated. For those racing this weekend, fair winds!
Best,
Brent