[Public-List] Lifelines/stanchions

Brent Higgins via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Apr 24 12:28:31 PDT 2016

I am replacing my lifelines with dyneema and running netting around the boat, which I'm really excited about. My original stanchion base fastener holes keeping my stanchions locked in place are really worn, though. They are otherwise in great-ish shape, so I don't want to replace. Have any of you had this issue? Can I just drill them all to a slightly larger diameter, re-tap them and pop in new fasteners? If so, any recommendations/warnings to heed? We're moving onto the boat next week for the spring/summer (and maybe fall?), so lots of projects in the queue. This is a safety concern so tackling it as one of the first. Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
Brent