[Public-List] Spinnaker rigging

Hernán Scarnichia via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Aug 13 20:29:11 PDT 2016

Hi,
I'm setting up #414 for flying a spinnaker (symmetrical) and have some
questions for those on the list that use their spinnakers.

I'm planning on using single sheets (the lazy sheet is the guy) and
tweakers / barber haulers. the sheet and guy will run to blocks on the
stern quarter and to the after winches and the tweakers will go to the
forward winches.

Will the downward pull of the tweaker on the guy be enough to keep the pole
down or do I need a separate downhaul / foreguy? where on the foredeck do
you attach the downhaul / foreguy if needed?

Would 1/4" sheets and tweakers be enough? this would be for light winds
less than 10-15kt

The recommendations online are for 2x boat length sheets. does this work ok
in an alberg 30?

Thanks for your wisdom

Hernan