[Public-List] Rigging Asym

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Aug 14 13:53:50 PDT 2016

Hey Greg,

My tack line has a shackle on the "business" end, it then runs through a block that is shackled to the front hole in the stemhead fitting, then it runs across the cabin top to a jammer on the port side. It's long enough to accommodate sets/take downs.

The two sheets run back to blocks that are shackled to pad eyes on deck just forward of the front feet of the stern pulpit.

The halyard runs back to a jammer on the cabin top.

To douse, I blow the tack, grab the sheet to start bringing in, then quick release about a third of the halyard so someone can gather...

Works pretty well so far...

I need to work a bit on jibing, but that'll take time.

Wes