[Public-List] Rigging Asym

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Aug 25 10:31:52 PDT 2016

Hey All,

That's correct for my boat...either by default/mistake or intention, my
furler is pinned in the aft-most hole, leaving the three forward ones
empty.  My tack line block is shackled into the forward-most hole.
Hopefully, this is all sound and secure.  The stemhead casting has four
bolts near that aft-most hole that go down through the deck - I assume
those are factory??? I need to look at the underside to see what sort of
backing plate is used.  I have noticed absolutely NO uplift from the
headstay/furler.  I maintain about 800 pounds of tension on the
headstay/backstay.

Wes