[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3193, Issue 2

Don Campbell via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Feb 7 05:14:32 PST 2016

Stephen:
    Don't rely on your impression when it comes to engineering strength. You
might want to read some of the Gougeon's book on boat construction for an
explanation in more lay terms than engineering texts, but the strength is in
the truss system which relies on the core being structurally sound and fully
bonded to the laminates on the three sides for the knees. Polyester lay-ups
are not strong on their own, and epoxy lay-ups are not really much better on
their own.
Don