[Public-List] Structural strength of knees

Michael Connolly via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Feb 7 08:17:05 PST 2016

Anders,
Nice analysis.  We are all learning that this major structural element on our boats is a combination of several components. These components, if sound, work in harmony with each other to keep our rigs up.  A weak link can be caused by deterioration of any single component;  and, as you have currently pointed out, ...........................strengthening any one of these components can cause a shift in what will become the new weak link. Interesting, thanks for your thoughts.

I endeavor to be all business when it comes to maintenance and seaworthiness of our boats.  When it comes to the actual sailing part I tend to be, for better or worse a "seat-of-the-pants" sailor.  What I find delightful about fellow owners on this list is the divergent perspectives of how to solve problems combined with the common Love for the boat.
Michael #133