[Public-List] Pets on Board

Jim Davis via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Feb 24 14:43:21 PST 2016

   I have sailed with Huskys for about the past three decades.  When we
   had the Alberg I built a proper companionway ladder and our dog was
   able to use it.  To get him down I would hold him by the shoulders and
   guide him one step at a time.  He didn't think it too funny but got the
   hang of it and got good at it.  Going up was a case of being on deck
   with the leash and helping him.  Again once he got used to it he would
   go below and come up on his own.
   As to mats on deck.  Some dogs will some won't  Our previous dog who
   sailed with us for 13 years wouldn't and that meant a liberty trip
   twice a day no matter what the weather.  Our current dog will and it is
   a blessing.
Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary
reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall

Message: 7